A Mission

Enough! For all the things that make our country great, there are some terrible truths that we must face... and soon. The -isms continue to weaken us. And something which should be our greatest source of pain and grief isn't even an -ism at all. It is child abuse.

Ten years ago my life changed when my own child clawed his way into this world. I know first-hand that parenting isn't easy. I also know first-hand that our children are truly voiceless, and until someone speaks up our nation will continue to accept child abuse as a sad consequence of stressed out, addicted, undereducated, or young parents. Throughout 2010 I will be tracking the child abuse stories across the country in this blog. Stand up! Become irate! Be silent no more!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Do you question God

Upon hearing about my mission, a friend of mine commented that hearing about these types of stories really makes him question God. How could I have faith when there are such horrible atrocities out there commited against innocent children?

To be honest, although I was knee-deep in this project, my belief in God has never been stronger.

Yes, these stories are absolutely awful. And remember that they aren't just stories -- they are real things that happened to real people, real children. Some have survived to tell their story and some have not, and many are too young to tell about the crimes commited against them.

And although on those cold nights when children are shaken and beaten and sexually abused merely because they are defenseless children... I do know that God is there.

I believe that God created humankind. God gave us brains, and hearts, and independence for us to make our own choices and forge our own lives. I do not subscribe to a theology in which we are merely pawns in God's game of life. God cannot be blamed for these atrocities -- they are clearly human-made.

No comments:

Post a Comment